Sixty One is our exciting new venture that we are launching in partnership with Fusion on 5-8 August 2021. This promises to be a God-charged space for students and young adults to prioritise the presence of God, faith and friendship (see https://breaksout.new-wine.org/sixtyone/). Planning for Sixty One currently continues on track and is not affected by our update that we cannot press ahead with United A and B as planned. At first glance this may seem confused, but Sixty One is a more targeted event of a different scale and it remains viable. We will safely be able to accommodate the plans for Sixty One at the showground in Peterborough within covid ready guidelines (if they are still required in the summer of 2021 depending on how far any national vaccination/rapid testing programmes have progressed of course). New Wine and Fusion will continue to monitor the situation as planning progresses, and we’ll make any necessary changes in the future if we need to. Planning for Luminosity at Sixty One also continues to be on track for groups of youth coming to camp together with their youth leaders.
Articles in this section
- Why are you no longer running United A and B as originally launched?
- What about the good news about the Covid vaccine? Won’t that change everything now and make United possible in July?
- Doesn’t this show a lack of faith? Surely God will enable his people to gather at United in 2021?
- What about Sixty One?
- Other festivals are still taking bookings so why is New Wine closing bookings for United A and B?
- Didn’t you learn from having to cancel United in 2020?
- Why did you launch United A and B in the summer only to cancel them now? Surely you knew then it wasn’t possible?
- Why are you making the decision now when the situation will surely have improve by the summer?
- Don’t you have cancellation insurance?
- If New Wine has had to cancel United 2 years in a row now, will you ever be able to hold it again?