Every event or festival is unique. We know that we cannot hold United A and B as intended in 2021, mainly because of the infrastructure and logistical complexity of camping ~24,000 people on a showground. So, we are closing bookings now and focusing our resource on an alternative event for summer 2021. Some larger scale festivals have also decided to alter their provision in 2021 and some have already cancelled. Others continue to press ahead with their plans in the hope that they will be possible in time due to shifts in guidance for large events. Some will likely still be able to go-ahead as originally planned next year. We continue to support and pray for our friends that run other Christian festivals and events in the UK. We regularly talk together and pray for each other, and if one organisation struggles, we all feel it and we support one another and champion each other as much as we can (although that may not be widely seen or appreciated). We are all different strands of the tapestry of Christian gatherings that together build up the church and serve Christ’s Kingdom in the UK. New Wine continues to cheer on every other event that can still run in 2021, whether as originally planned or in some altered format.
Articles in this section
- Why are you no longer running United A and B as originally launched?
- What about the good news about the Covid vaccine? Won’t that change everything now and make United possible in July?
- Doesn’t this show a lack of faith? Surely God will enable his people to gather at United in 2021?
- What about Sixty One?
- Other festivals are still taking bookings so why is New Wine closing bookings for United A and B?
- Didn’t you learn from having to cancel United in 2020?
- Why did you launch United A and B in the summer only to cancel them now? Surely you knew then it wasn’t possible?
- Why are you making the decision now when the situation will surely have improve by the summer?
- Don’t you have cancellation insurance?
- If New Wine has had to cancel United 2 years in a row now, will you ever be able to hold it again?