In short – it is too risky for New Wine to go ahead with this. We won’t jeopardise our future by trying. As much as we longed to gather physically with some of you this summer, we cannot let that longing move us to take decisions that are unwise. However, United Breaks Out (our digital event) IS going ahead as planned from the outset.
We have made it very clear that United Elements and Sixty One were never guaranteed and would depend on a wide variety of factors changing in time.
- Many of you have booked, but many of you have told us that you don’t have that level of certainty right now.
- £1.7million on non-refundable contracts would be a huge financial risk.
- Some vital changes to the events industry haven’t materialised yet. Insurance for covid cover is impossible to secure and local authorities can still close down gatherings of our size with virtually no notice.
- We have no clarity on whether vaccine certification or negative covid testing would be required for entry to mass gatherings and the results of the trials the government is doing about mass gathering management won’t now report for some months.
- Our medical team leaders have concluded that there will still be medical risks this year for them and their team, as well as our volunteers and New Wine staff. They also advise that you would be at increased risk of catching and transmitting covid if you aren’t vaccinated and attended an event of this size this summer. We take their advice and recommendation seriously and won’t put you, them or us at risk.