If you are applying for any of the following teams you will need to have an up-to-date DBS check if you are 17+:
- Boulder Gang
- Customer Services
- Ground Breakers
- Medical Team
- Our Place (if you are 16+)
- Rock Solid
- Safeguarding Team
- Site Services Team
- Skate Park Team
- Stepping Stones
- Stomping Ground
Heads up! You must submit any required DBS application AT THE SAME TIME as applying for team. The New Wine office is unable to progress your application until a completed DBS has been submitted AND your verified ID documents have been received.
How to submit a DBS check (please read all of this before following the links)
Upon applying for team, you will receive an automated email on how to complete a new DBS check. Alternatively, you can visit your My Team Applications page for instructions:
Simply log in and click My Account > Event and Teams > My Team Applications.
If this is your first DBS check for New Wine OR your last check was more than 5 years ago, please follow these instructions;
- Go to the Online Disclosures website using this link
- Click the orange button titled 'standard/enhanced DBS application'
- When prompted, enter the Organisation Reference 13558 and the organisation code 'NEW13558' (case sensitive)
- You will now be able to begin your application.
- PLEASE NOTE! When you are asked for 'Position Applied For' please ensure you state the name of your New Wine team e.g. 'Boulder Gang'. Thanks!
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide three identification documents. Details of eligible ID documents that you can use can be found on page 8 and 9 of 'Filling in your DBS application' Once you have submitted your application you will then need to have all three ID documents verified in the following way;
- Ask your church leader / administrator (who CANNOT be a family relative) to take a photocopy of your ID documents, sign and date them under the words “I have seen this original document and certify it to be a true copy.”
- Your church leader / administrator (not you) will then need to email the verified documents to DBS@new-wine.org (alternatively, a letter from your church leader / administrator can be posted to New Wine, 4a Ridley Avenue, Ealing, London, W13 9XW). The email or letter must show their full name, their role in the church, the church postal address and church phone number. The body of the email or letter should read as follows;
Dear New Wine,
I write to confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information provided by xxx in their DBS application is correct.
In addition, I attach to this email a certified copy of the ID documentation signed and dated with the words "I have seen this original document and certify it to be a true copy"
Once you receive your DBS certificate in the post, we strongly recommend that you register with the DBS Update Service WITHIN 30 DAYS of the certificate being issued and you’ll not need to complete a new DBS check for New Wine or ANY other organisation when it’s the same workforce
Please email email@example.com and thank you for agreeing to help on team this year, we are extremely grateful!