If you are applying for any of the following teams you will need to have an up-to-date DBS check:
- Boulder Gang (not ‘Young Team’)
- Club One (not ‘Young Team’)
- Customer Services
- Gems (not ‘Young Team’)
- Groundbreakers (not ‘Young Team’)
- Medical Team
- Our Place
- Pebbles (not ‘Young Team’)
- Rock Solid
- Safeguarding Team
- Site Services Team
- Skate Park Team
- Stepping Stones (not ‘Young Team’)
- Stomping Ground (not ‘Young Team’)
Heads up! You must submit any required DBS application AT THE SAME TIME as applying for team. The New Wine office is unable to progress your application until a completed DBS has been submitted AND your verified ID documents have been received.
To submit a DBS check (please read all of this before following links)
If this is your first DBS check for New Wine OR your last check was more than 5 years ago, please follow these instructions;
- Go to the Online Disclosures website using this link
- Click the ‘Register' button
- When prompted, enter the Organisation PIN: 146027.
- Enter your name and email address and click ‘next step’.
- Confirm that the organisation name states New Wine, create your own password for your account and enter the ‘secret word’: Newwine16 (case sensitive)
- You will then be taken straight to your application for completion.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide verification of the ID documents that you list in your application. To achieve this please;
- Ask your church leader / administrator (who CANNOT be a family relative) to take a photocopy of your ID documents, sign and date them under the words “I have seen this original document and certify it to be a true copy.”
- They then need to email the verified documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (alternatively, a letter can be posted to New Wine, 4a Ridley Avenue, Ealing, London, W13 9XW). The email or letter must show their full name, their role in the church, the church postal address and church phone number. The body of the email or letter should read as follows:
Dear New Wine,
I write to confirm that to the best of my knowledge the information provided by [applicant's name] in their DBS application is correct.
In addition, I attach to this email a certified copy of the ID documentation signed and dated with the words "I have seen this original document and certify it to be a true copy"
Once you receive your DBS certificate in the post, you can register with the DBS Update Service WITHIN 30 DAYS of the certificate being issued and you’ll not need to complete a new DBS check for New Wine or ANY other organisation when it’s the same workforce